Assistant Management Accountant
Location: Greater Manchester
The position of Assistant Management Accountant is based within an ambitious and fast-growing organisation consisting of multiple businesses; Xenia Estates, Xenia Lettings and Xenia Students.
We are looking for someone with experience working in a similar role with exposure to transactional, reconciliation or bookkeeping previously. This is an exciting position for someone with great organizational and communication skills as well as the ability to be self sufficient and use your initiative to solve problems.
Reporting to the Finance Manager the successful applicant will be responsible for the Head Office management accounts.
- Production of first draft monthly management accounts for the Xenia Group of companies
- Intercompany recharges and reconciliations
- Bank and ledger reconciliations.
- Manage and control head office debit card transactions.
- End to end transactional processing (minimal)
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Monthly accruals and prepayments
- Raise management fees and calculate wage recharges
- Submit and reconcile quarterly VAT returns
- Weekly cashflow forecasting and reporting
- Payroll for Xenia Estates and Xenia Lettings Ltd
- Reporting on aspects of business performance as required by management
- Assist with year ends and liaise with external accountants.
- Support the wider finance team where required.
- Ideal but not essential would be previous experience working within the property sector
- Working towards a professional qualification CIMA/ACCA
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Previous experience of Xero would be an advantage but is not essential
- Strong interpersonal skills, Confident and effective written and verbal communication.
- Approachable manner than encourages interaction with others.
- Proven experience of management reporting and accounts analysis
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday package
- Positive, friendly and supportive office environment
- Regular social events
- Company pension scheme
- Strong focus on training and career progression
- Excellent office location on the greater Manchester tram line
- Beer fridge Fridays
If you are interested in applying for this new position, please do so through the advert or contact us at [email protected]