Location: Altrincham, Greater Manchester
Permanent – Full Time
The Xenia group are a fast-growing and ambitious conglomerate, consisting of multiple business; Xenia Estates, Xenia Lettings and Xenia Students. Operating throughout the UK, we specialize in property management, residential and student block, estate, and asset management as well as residential and student lettings.
The position of Finance Ledger Administrator is based in our Head Office in Altrincham. The role is key to ensuring the accounting function has an excellent foundation and requires meticulous attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational and interpersonal skills with a meticulous attention to detail. The ability to think on your feet, solving problems as they come to you and clearly communicate with the rest of the team is essential.
Management of all aspects of purchase ledger including but not limited to:
- Ensure all invoices are correctly authorised, allocated to the correct cost centre and accurately processed in accordance with company policy and within a timely manner.
- Maintain purchase orders, ensure invoices are correctly matched and un-utilised PO’s are cancelled.
- Responsibility for account maintenance, including, new account set up, regular statement reconciliations and ensuring integrity of all ledgers is maintained to the highest standards.
- First contact for all supplier queries and management of supplier relationships.
- Monitor fund availability to facilitate supplier payment runs.
- Fortnightly payment runs working closely with Property Managers to advise of supplier account status and priority payment requirements. Creation of BACS files and bank uploads.
- Management of utility billing and tracking of meters.
Cash book processing:
- Monitor and reconcile company bank accounts on a weekly basis.
- Daily maintenance of manual cashbooks
- Post and match receipts and expenditure on appropriate ledgers daily.
- Raise payments and inter account transfers on the online banking system.
- Adhoc raising of sales invoices for internal recharges.
Responsibility for Accounts email inboxes, including but not limited to:
- Daily monitoring of incoming emails.
- First point of call for all queries.
- Distribution where required whilst still maintaining responsibility for query closure in a timely manner.
- Open and distribute incoming post
- Create, update and document processes.
- Experience in a finance role for a fast growing SME for at least 3 years.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work independently.
- Strong organisational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Team player with the initiative and ability to work alone.
- Problem solver with dedication to providing excellent service.
- Strong interpersonal skills, Confident and effective written and verbal communication.
- Approachable manner that encourages interaction with others.
- Pleasant telephone manner.
- Good systems experience and knowledge of Excel (experience using Qube PM is beneficial)
- AAT Qualification or working towards.
- Good working knowledge of Excel
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary
- Great company benefits and holiday package
- Regular social events
- Company pension
- Positive, friendly and supportive office environment
- Opportunity to be part of a fast growing and forward thinking company
- Strong focus on personal and professional development
- Study support and career progression
- Excellent office location on the greater Manchester tram line
If you are interested in applying for this new position, please do so through the advert or contact us at [email protected]