Purchase Ledger Assistant
Permanent – Full Time
Location: Altrincham, Greater Manchester
The Xenia Group are a fast growing organisation consisting of multiple businesses; Xenia Estates, Xenia Lettings and Xenia Students. Operating throughout the UK, we specialise in Property, Building and Asset Management, Residential and Student Lettings as well as Lettings Management.
We are looking for a Purchase Ledger Assistant to join our current Accounts team and work under the Ledger Manager, based at our Head Office in Altrincham. The role is key to ensuring the accounting function has an excellent foundation and requires meticulous attention to detail.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has great organizational and communication skills, as well have having a keen eye for the finer details so that nothing is missed or overlooked.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure all invoices are correctly authorised, allocated to the correct cost centre and accurately processed in accordance with company policy within a timely manner.
- Ensure invoices are correctly matched against purchase orders.
- Responsibility for account maintenance, including new account set up & regular statement reconciliations.
- First contact for all supplier queries and management of supplier relationships.
- Monitor fund availability to facilitate supplier payment runs.
- Fortnightly payment runs working closely with Property Managers to advise of supplier account status and priority payment requirements. Creation of BACS files and bank uploads.
- Management of utility billing and tracking of meters.
- Daily maintenance of cashbooks
- Post and match receipts and expenditure on appropriate ledgers daily.
- Daily monitoring of incoming emails to accounts inbox.
- 2 years purchase ledger experience desirable.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work independently, whilst recognising the importance of their contribution to the finance team.
- Strong organisational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Problem solver with dedication to providing excellent service.
- Strong interpersonal skills, Confident and effective written and verbal communication.
- Approachable manner than encourages interaction with others.
- Pleasant telephone manner.
- Good systems experience (previous experience using Qube PM would be beneficial)
- AAT Qualification or working towards.
- Good working knowledge of Excel
What we Offer in Return:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent training, support, and career progression
- Generous holiday package and other benefits
- Positive, friendly and supportive office environment
- Excellent office location on the tram line
- Staff day outs, team building and social programme
- Company pension scheme
- Fantastic experience to be part of a rapidly expanding organisation
If you are interested in applying for this new position, please do so through the advert or contact us at [email protected]