Permanent – Full Time
Job Title Senior Maintenance Operative
Responsible to Regional Ops Manager
Line Reports 2x Maintenance Operatives, 2x Housekeeping Staff
Location Based Glasgow
Xenia Estates are an ambitious and fast-growing organisation, consisting of multiple businesses. Our well-known property group, Xenia, specialises in property development, property lettings and property and block management operating throughout the UK. Xenia have a strong focus on staff development and training and company culture is a big part of what makes us such a great company to work for. We are looking to recruit a Senior Maintenance Operative to work across our three student accommodation buildings in Glasgow city centre.
The Senior Maintenance Operative is an exciting position for someone with prior maintenance and management experience, great time management, a passion for setting and sticking to high standards. With the support of head office and the site based accommodation manager, you would be responsible for 2 other maintenance operatives in Glasgow as well as 2 housekeeping staff, reporting directly to the Regional Operations Manager and the Property Manager.
In the role of Senior Maintenance Operative, you will have the following duties and responsibilities:
• To provide direct line management to the maintenance staff within your designated region, 1 x part time maintenance operative and 1 x full time maintenance operative.
• To provide direct line management to the housekeeping staff within your designated region, 2 x part time housekeepers.
• Work with Property Manager to ensure value for money is achieved with the procurement of all works and materials in line with the site budget.
• Produce a high standard of reports as required by the Property Manager or Regional Operations Manager, ensuring all the required information is delivered in a timely manner, is accurate and in the required format.
• Appreciate and understand the flexibility required when business levels peak and trough and deliver the best possible service. Due to the nature of the role, it may on occasions be necessary to work unsociable hours, including weekends, especially during the student arrivals and departure periods.
• To promote and contribute to the company culture.
• To travel between sites (Chester and Liverpool) and to attend occasional meetings nationwide as required.
• Accept, monitor and carry out repairs within the communal areas of the building and inside the studios. This may involve minor plumbing, carpentry as well as minor electrical works.
• Liaise with contractors to carry out servicing and major repairs.
• Ensure that contractors are prepared for the works with suitable Method Statements and Risk Assessments as necessary.
• Help to maintain a clean and well-presented buildings.
• Provide Excellent Customer Service to the building residents and any other guests
• Provide an emergency out of hours call out service
• Responsible to ensure site is a secure and a safe environment for the residents and staff
• Ensure all the relevant Health and Safety regime and regulations are complied with
• Ensure compliance via the Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) programme, ensuring accurate records are kept online as required.
• Assist and coordinate with resident move-in maintenance and move-out maintenance as necessary.
• Responsible to ensure the buildings are a safe environment at all times, assisting with and complying with risk assessments and safe working practices.
• Any other tasks deemed necessary by the Property Manager or a Senior Manager.
This list is not exhaustive and additional tasks may be required as per instruction from your Line Manager
Desirable but not Essential Qualifications:
• Trade Qualifications and Training such as electrical safety training etc.
• A commitment to Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
• Legionella Awareness
• Plumbing knowledge/skills/qualifications
The specific skills required for the role of Maintenance Operative are:
• Computer proficient
• Flexible approach to work
• Broad range of maintenance knowledge and skills
• Strong communication and organisational skills
• Ability to work alone and as part of a team
• Great time keeping and time management
• Experience with managing staff and good leadership
• A positive, motivational and team player attitude
• Competitive salary
• Excellent training, support, and career progression
• Good holiday package
• Positive and engaging working environment
• Excellent building location close to public transport
• Staff day outs, team building and social programme
• Company pension scheme
• Fantastic experience to be part of a rapidly expanding organisation
- Competitive salary
- Excellent training, support, and career progression
- Good holiday package
- Positive and engaging working environment
- Excellent building location close to public transport
- Staff day outs, team building and social programme
- Company pension scheme
- Fantastic experience to be part of a rapidly expanding organisation
If you are interested in applying for this new position, please do so through the advert or contact us at [email protected]