The position of Purchase Ledger controller is based within an ambitious and fast-growing organisation consisting of multiple businesses operating in the buildings management and lettings sectors . The role is key to ensuring the accounting function has an excellent foundation and requires the meticulous attention to detail expected when dealing with our client’s funds . Duties include but are not limited to:
- Management of all aspects of purchase ledger including but not limited to:
- Ensure all invoices are correctly authorised, allocated to the correct cost centre and accurately processed in accordance with company policy and within a timely manner.
- Maintain purchase orders, ensure invoices are correctly matched and un-utilised PO’s are cancelled.
- Responsibility for account maintenance, including, new account set up, regular statement reconciliations and ensuring integrity of all ledgers is maintained to the highest standards.
- First contact for all supplier queries and management of supplier relationships.
- Monitor fund availability to facilitate supplier payment runs.
- Fortnightly payment runs working closely with Property Managers to advise of supplier account status and priority payment requirements. Creation of BACS files and bank uploads.
- Management of utility billing
- Adhoc raising of sales invoices for internal recharges.
- Responsibility for Accounts email inboxes, including but not limited to:
- Daily monitoring of incoming emails.
- First point of call for all queries.
- Distribution where required whilst still maintaining responsibility for query closure in a timely manner.
- Create, update and document processes.
- Experience in a purchase ledger role for a fast-growing SME for at least 3 years.
- Experience dealing with client’s funds in a regulated sector.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work independently, with minimal supervision whilst understanding the importance of their role and interdependencies with the wider finance team.
- Strong organisational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Problem solver with dedication to providing excellent service.
- Strong interpersonal skills, Confident and effective written and verbal communication.
- Approachable manner than encourages interaction with others.
- Pleasant telephone manner.
- Good systems experience Previous experience using property management software (or similar client funds accounting packages would be beneficial)
- previous experience in similar role
- Good working knowledge of Excel
If you are interested in applying for this new position, please do so through the advert or contact us at email@example.com