Xenia Estates are required to notify you of this information under the General Data Protection Regulation.
What is personal data?
Personal data includes information relating to a natural person(s) who:
- can be identified or who are identifiable, directly from the information in question; or
- who can be indirectly identified from that information in combination with other information.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Once we have ceased managing a building we may hold personal data for up to 12 years in accordance with UK tax and liability laws.
The Type of Personal Data We Collect, Why We Collect it and How Do we Process It
Xenia Estates may process your full name and email address under the lawful basis of legitimate interest for other services provided by Xenia Estates and our partner Xenia Lettings. The processing of your data under legitimate interest will have a minimal impact on your privacy and you have the right to ask Xenia Estates to erase your personal data.
Xenia Estates collect full name and email address when a user downloads our promotional Xenia Estates brochure. You may be contacted by a member of the Xenia Estates team in relation to the promotional brochure and our services. Your personal data will be stored held for a maximum of 12-months and you have the right to ask Xenia Estates to erase your personal data. The processing of your data under legitimate interest will have a minimal impact on your privacy.
Xenia Estates collect full name, address, phone number and email address for sending building related information. The lawful basis on which we collect and process this personal data is performance of a contract. Once we have ceased managing a building we may hold personal data for up to 12 years in accordance with UK tax and liability laws.
Xenia Estates collect bank details to pay for services. The lawful basis on which we collect and process this personal data is consent and we will hold and process your personal data until consent is removed.
What are your rights?
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
How do I exercise my rights?
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights.
- All requests must be in writing either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to DPO, Xenia Estates, Xenia Estates Limited, Rhodesia House, 52 Princess St, Manchester, M1 6JX
- Before processing your request, we may ask for 2 forms of identification.
- Upon receiving 2 forms of identification, we will respond to your request within 1 month unless we give a specific reason why it cannot be completed in time.
- Information can be provided electronically and in printed hard copy.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at DPO@xeniaestates.com.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk