Xenia Estates Are Recruiting!
Building Manager / Caretaker
- Department: XE Operations (Residential Site Based)
- Line Manager: Property Manager
- Location: Leeds
- Hours: 12 Hours (4hrs x 3 days)
Xenia Estates are a fast growing and forward thinking Block and Estate Management Agency based in Manchester and Sale with properties under management across the country. Our company emphasis is on continuous improvement of service standards through staff learning and development and we encourage staff of all levels to pursue training that will better their knowledge and skills of the industry they work in.
We are looking for a Building Manager / Caretaker to be based on site at our buildings in the Leeds area and focus on the day to day management of the sites. Working remotely with the Property Management team based in Head Office, you would be responsible for delivering a customer service focussed presence at the buildings. The successful candidate will have an approachable and friendly attitude in their role and be understanding of residents’ queries. A background in maintenance work is essential and experience managing a building or properties would be beneficial.
A good understanding of computers and excel would be desirable and the ability to build relationships with residents, external contractors and the rest of the team is a key part of this role.
This is a great opportunity for someone with the ability to prioritise tasks, work to deadlines while communicating clearly with the PM team and think on your feet to solve problems efficiently.
Due to the 24-hour nature of residential property operations, certain events may take place outside regular office hours and may require some form of limited or full response from the Building Manager / Caretaker. Our remote workers on site are supported with lone working safety systems to ensure personal safety.
- To deliver the agreed service, strategy and business plan with the support of the Head Office teams.
- To develop and maintain a positive image of the buildings and its location.
- To ensure the developments are presented to a high standard at all times.
- To assist with the day to day maintenance of properties across the portfolio including but not limited to: Cleaning, Painting, Plumbing, Statutory testing, FOH duties, Contractor Management, permits to work etc.
- To assist with Health and Safety compliance on site, and maintaining records
- To assist with Environmental management on site in compliance with policy and procedure
- To assist and periodically review the fire safety emergency plan to each building.
- To monitor all activities relating to the site(s), reporting and acting as appropriate
- Weekly inspections of the buildings fabric and any reporting that is required.
- To work in conjunction with the Property Manager to ensure a maintenance and repair programme is in place
- To assist the Property Manager in compiling maintenance records relating to the site(s); e.g. asset registers, plans, plant testing, etc., taking any action, which may be required
- To ensure the property achieves the KPIs set by the Estates/FM, in conjunction with key stakeholders
- To produce regular reports for the Property Managers and Senior Management teams, as required
- Understanding of key issues to be noted on property inspections
- Occasional out of hours working patterns
Experience & Qualifications:
- Health and Safety, fire safety legislation.
- Knowledge of how to build and maintain Tenant/Customer relationships
- Knowledge of how to build and maintain supplier relationships
- Knowledge of key issues to be noted on property inspections
- NVQ Level 3 in Building Maintenance or a Trade would be desirable but not essential
- Background in a similar role in Residential buildings
- Be able to support the property manager and specify services, tender contracts and assist selecting service providers
- Understand and apply all procedures relating to on-site work activities
- Contribute to the team business plan/strategy
- Able to plan and manage own workload
- Able to work as part of the team, supporting colleagues across the business
- Constantly updating knowledge of legislation relating to property management
- Punctual timekeeping and attendance
What We Offer in Return:
- Competitive Salary
- Generous holiday package
- Great location close to Leeds City Centre
- Training and support to progress your career
- Company pension
- Regular company social events
- The opportunity to be apart of a rapidly expanding organisation